As part of our Future of Britain deliberative poll on 3rd and 4th October 2020, we held an expert panel on each of the three topics under discussion over the weekend: Migration to the UK; Food Policy & Regulation and Consumer Regulation.
Panellists responded to questions submitted by study participants following small group discussions. Their responses to these questions can be viewed below. The chair for each of the sessions was John Curtice. Details of the panellists involved can be found below each video.
Topic 1: Migration to the UK
- Sunder Katwala, British Future
- Ben Greening, Migration Watch
- Madeleine Sumption, Migration Observatory at the University of Oxford
Topic 2: Food Policy & Regulation
- Rob Percival, Soil Association
- Nick von Westenholz, National Farmers’ Union
- Charlotte Burns, University of Sheffield
Topic 3: Consumer Regulation
- Sue Davies, Which?
- Martin Lodge, London School of Economics
- Neil Warwick, Federation of Small Businesses
By Ceri Davies
Ceri Davies leads NatCen’s programme of deliberative research on citizen engagement in policy making and democratic innovation. She is a co-investigator on the ESRC funded Future of Britain project.